JOB POSTING: Producer
Open Pit Theatre is currently accepting applications for a Producer for the premiere of Busted Up: A Yukon Story as part of Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations. The approximate dates of the contract will be from March 1, 2017 to October 1, 2017 with the time commitment increasing as we move towards opening.
The Producer is responsible for realizing the visions of the Co-Artistic Directors within the overall budget and time constraints. This includes seeking sponsorships, budget management, artist liasoning, and overseeing additional hired production staff such as the production manager, and stage manager.
In addition to management and financial skills, the Producer will have an overall knowledge of all production disciplines and how they interact during the production process.
March 1, 2017 to October 1, 2017 (working as required to achieve proposed project goals & timelines)
- Rehearsals: August 14 - September 14
- Whitehorse Performances: September 15 - 23
- Dawson City Performances (TBC): September 25 - 30
Qualifications and Required Skills
- experience and/or education in theatre management
- strong financial experience including management of large project budgets
- experience with developing and executing a sponsorship campaign
- knowledge of Equity contracts and negotiations
- experience booking flights, accommodation, and artist liasoning
- experience planning and booking a tour
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Jessica Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 12pm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to send us an email. We would be happy to talk more about the position and/or project if that is helpful. It is going to be a very exciting project, and we are looking forward to building our team!