Call for applicants
Open Pit Theatre is calling for applicants to participate in this summer’s Devised Yukon Project. The Devised Yukon Project is the first development stage in the creation of a new work of theatre. Non-traditional theatre creation methods will be used to create the first stages of a play. This is an opportunity for a group of artists to come together and create something without a lot of restrictions.
- Be employed from late June to late August. Daily and weekly schedules will be flexible within reason. Do not let another job stop you from applying.
- Be payed a professional level rate for the duration of the Devised Yukon Project.
- Be given the opportunity to create, explore and experiment in a safe environment with other like-minded artists.
- Be an emerging or established artist in any artistic medium. Open Pit Theatre welcomes musicians, visual artists, writers and dancers to apply.
NOTE: Although project participants will use whatever skill-set they bring, this is a theatre creation project and participants will be required to act as theatre artists. Being comfortable onstage in front of people is essential.
- Be comfortable working in a physical way, with other people.
- Be open and willing to try the new creative ideas of others; provide their own ideas and work to execute them.
- Be able to have some serious fun!
Please send a resume with relevant work experience and a brief letter answering the following:
1. Why are you interested in participating in this project?
2. Describe a successful creative moment you’ve had. What made it successful?
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants from all backgrounds and from all parts of Yukon are encouraged to apply.
Interviews will include a physical component and will take place May 27th and 28th. Those who cannot attend an in-person interview can provide a video audition in combination with an interview over the phone.
Questions? Need more information?
Please email Sam Bergmann-Good: email@example.com
or call Jessica Hickman at: 867-335-9245
Who is Open Pit Theatre?
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!
Sam Bergmann–Good & Jessica Hickman
Open Pit Theatre